Saturday 28 September 2013

Storytelling Unit - Intro

In our first lesson at uni we was introduced to our first unit, which was story telling.
I was so happy that it was our first unit as its something I want to pursue into doing. I write my own stories and to venture into how to turn stories into proper scripts really interested me.
I learned so much from the first lesson, on how to create a successful story and what main 'ingredients' are needed.

We were also given our first project, where we have to write a 10 page script on a meeting of two people. We can either do the story as a comedy, drama or thriller.

Before starting on that though we have to come up with an idea and do a 25 word pitch about it.
I roughly had a couple of ideas, but as usual they were too complicated and were something worth thinking for a feature film rather than a short film thats around 10 minutes long.

Hopefully i'll come up with some new ideas, but if not i'll have to find a way of shortening my previous ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment