Sunday 29 September 2013

Storytelling Unit - 'Soft'

In one of our lessons we watched a short film by Simon Ellis called, 'Soft'.

'Soft' is a very well written story. I liked how the son ended up fighting the situation rather than the father, as in most stories that involve violence and bullies the father would automatically been known to stand up. It created more of a realistic vulnerability that people have and shows that not everyone is brave, even if they are the bigger person.

After watching this we had to do a 25 word pitch to explain what it was about.
Here's what I came up with,

'A modern drama that follows a timid father and son, and their confrontation with violence.'

I was told that mine could have been a bit longer. I think that I could have added a bit more on what actually happens in the story.

This task helped prepare me on how to do a 25 word pitch for my project idea; which i'm hoping to have by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment