Wednesday 2 October 2013

Storytelling Unit - My Idea and Pitch

I finally came up for an idea for my project!!

The pitch:

'A young boys world is turned upside down, when he discovers that his dad had been trying to contact him. Will a chance meeting a stranger ease his betrayal.'

The idea:

A young boy finds out that his dad has been trying to contact him (mum been hiding letters that were sent by the young boys dad). One day the boy decides to go and find his dad. While at the train station he sits waiting for his train and a stranger sits next to him. After getting into conversation the stranger ends up being the boys dad.

At first I had trouble thinking on how I would explain the boy finding out about the letters but also how this story would end.

On Monday we were put into small groups, we had to discuss each others idea and develop them in some way. From this I was given plenty of options on how to begin and end this story. I have a rough idea on what i'm going to do, but still haven't made my mind up fully. I want to make sure that I make the right choices, so that my story makes sense but at the same time is interesting.

Characters:

I have two characters the young boy and the dad.

Young boy - The young boys name is Luke, he is 12 years old and has recently started secondary school. He is normally home by himself until his mum comes back from work in the evening. He is a good boy and helps out with choirs without a complaint.

Dad - The dads name is James, he is 30 years old. At 18 James and Luke's mum found out she was pregnant. After finding out Luke's mum had an 'abortion' he left and continued his studies at university. Over the years he got married and had two kids. After finding out that Luke's mum didn't end up getting an abortion, he started writing letters to her to see if he could meet his son. After getting no response he decides to give his son a surprise visit on his birthday.

I'm continuing to look into the background of my characters, as I think this will help with completing this story.

Now it's time to hit the library and do some research!

No comments:

Post a Comment