Monday 31 March 2014

Contacting the Charity

Our group finally decided we wanted to use the New Directions Mentoring Programme for our documentary. First we had to get into contact with someone, to see if we was able to talk about their foundation.

I went back onto the Medway Council website where the programme was advertised to see if there was any information on there to see if there was anyone we could contact.

There was a number under the New Directions Programme section, I tried calling the number but it always ended up cutting off, so I decided to email the person.

After a couple of days and with no reply from the first email I sent I decided to see if there was anyone else on that page that we could call/email. At the top of the page was the Youth Lives Foundation I decided to call them to see if they could pass me onto someone under the New Directions Programme. I was able to get through to someone and discovered that the New directions programme is actually under the YLF.

The lady on the phone was kind enough to give me Stephens (CEO of the foundation) email address, so that I could email him the information.

Here is the email I sent to Stephen.


Luckily after sending out the email to Stephen, he was able to re-direct the message to another person. I got a reply from Janine Batt, who is the marketing and fundraising coordinator of YLF and she will be helping us with finding case studies for the documentary as well as information about the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment