Monday 2 March 2015

Studio Live Production: Production Assistant Research

Researching into the role of a production assistant was hard to do as there weren't much information available for this role.

I went onto the BBC academy website to see if there were any helpful videos, particularly about my role in live television.

I came across a video called, 'Guide to a TV Studio' where floor manager, Ed Sharpe gives a tour on the TV set of 'Sam and Mark's Big Friday Wind Up.' When describing who worked in the gallery he explained the role of a script supervisor, he said 'a script supervisor is someone who makes sure the show is kept to time'. This was exactly my role is in the live show.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/production/article/art20130702112135564 - Guide to a TV studio video.

I then started researching into the role of a script supervisor and found a lot more information. I even found another video on the BBC academy website called, 'Profile: Script Supervisor, TV.' This video follows Sally Danton, who is a script supervisor for the TV show, 'The One Show.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/production/article/art20130702112136044 - Profile: Script Supervisor, TV video.

It was interesting to see someone in the television industry do a job that I will be doing for the live show.

From what I have learnt about Sally's her job role, she hands out the running order, scripts and camera cards. Her main role is to make sure the show runs to time. She also sits in between the producer and the director in the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment