Sunday 12 October 2014

Digital News Research: Museum Trust Story

After finding my news story I decided that I would speak to Helen to see if it would work for our channel. She said that it would be a great story for our news channel as it was about the community of Swale getting together to try and raise money to re-open an old building as a museum.

After speaking to Helen, I decided to contact Councillor Mike Whiting, to find out who is in charge of the museum trust fund so that we could find out more information about what they are doing, etc, to raise money for the museum.

I phoned him a couple of times over a course of a few days, but after having no reply I decided to research into other ways to contact him. I went onto the swale borough council page and was able to find a page of Mike on there. I already had tried the phone number that was on the web page so I decided that I would email him.

I decided to look back onto the article to see who else I could contact. At the bottom of the article there was a website address which included more information about the building and the trust that had been created for the building.

Here is the website: www.friendsofmiltonregiscourthall.co.uk

I went on the web page and found a section where you could fill out a form to the museum trust people. I filled out the form and also emailed Mike as I thought I would have more of a chance of getting a reply.

A couple of days later I got a reply from Mike, saying that the museum trust and the council would be delighted to help out.

After getting a reply, I decided that I would talk to Sei-Kai, Illy and Tim to see what they thought.
They said to contact the other stories we had, so that we could find more information about each of them before committing to a story.

I have now emailed Mike to arrange a meeting with him, the museum trust and the press office so that we can gather more information about the building and the trust fund.

I'm quite happy that we have at least had one possible story for our news channel.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great story - how are you doing with following it up? Any news with contacts and potential interviewees or events going on which you could film?

    ReplyDelete