Tuesday 21 October 2014

Meeting Preparation for News Stories

As we have our meeting with our two stories next week I wanted to make sure I had all the information that I wanted to find ask already done.

Knitting for Charity questions
  • What happens in the weekly meetings?
  • What is the charity?
  • What are they doing to help raise money for the charity?
  • How will this help the charity?
Who's knitting and why?
Is knitting more popular?
What do people get out of the weekly meetings?
Do people need to be experienced knitters to go?
What inspired them to do this?

Museum Trust questions
  • Who are the museum trust?
  • What are they doing to raise the money for the building?
  • History of the building?
  • What is happening to the building?
How long has the building been lying dormant?
How important is the museum to the community?
What purpose will it have?
What was it's last use? (When last open)

Notes:

- Ask about christmas opening on 5-7th December
- Where to get archived photos of the Court Hall from

These aren't the exact questions i'm going the people when we have our meetings, they are just an outline of what I would like to find out for each story.

I wanted to go through my questions with my tutor, as I wasn't 100% sure what to ask. She said that my questions I had are fine, however I needed to ask more in depth questions, i.e. for the knitting for charity, find out more about knitting, is it more popular, do people need to be experienced to join, etc. The questions in italics are the ones my tutor helped me add. I feel that I have a good round of questions to ask each news story and feel that after having the meetings with them, that our group will have a much better idea on creating a script, storyboard, etc.

I also found some more information about the Milton Regis Court House, on their website they put an announcement saying that they will have a christmas opening on the 5th-7th December. I thought this would be a great conclusion to our museum trust story, as we would have followed them through the transformation of this building. However as this date is near our deadline for our news story, my tutor said that as long as we have all of our other footage filmed and edited, we could just drop this event on at the end.

Overall, I feel much more prepared for the meetings this week. I would have preferred to have had these meetings a couple of weeks, however at least we have them now and can move on to our next part of the project very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment