Tuesday 21 October 2014

Fiction Adaptation - Inspiration

While driving the other day, I came across a field that had a slight mist still over it. I didn't have a professional camera with me, so I decided to film it with my phone camera.

I remember Fergus telling us in one of our workshops that when you see something that looks really good and just use your phone to take a photo or film it. This note has been stuck in my head, just incase I came across inspiration for any films, etc.

I filmed for about 10 seconds and then went through the video frame by frame to see if there was a still that was really interesting. Then I came across a still that really caught my eye.

Here is the shot:


I don't know what it is but there was something about this shot that really intrigued me. My main focus when straight to the area where you see the section of the mist in the field.


The shot looks creepy because of the mist and the silhouette of the tree, but gentle at the same time because of the sun beaming down on that area. 

As i've been struggling to have an idea on what i'm going to film for my fiction adaptation, something like this snap shot, has helped me think of some ideas. From now on, i'm definitely going to keep my eye out to see if there are other landscapes or places that could inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment