Friday 17 April 2015

Professional Practice: Change of Idea

After filming a part of my fairytale anti-bullying film, I reviewed the footage and was not happy with the outcome. The location, the story and the scripting, just didn't seem right.

What didn't help is that I was only allocated 2-5pm on a Saturday to film every week, which wasn't sufficient enough for me.

I decided to take a risk and rescript the anti-bullying story, however this time doing it in a modern day theme.

Here is a rough idea of what my new story is going to be about:

Lou, a bully lives in an unwanted and unloveable environment with her family.
She notices a girl who has the opposite of this and starts to become jealous.
One day the bully notices the girl in a park by herself and gangs up on her with her friends.
An incident then happens between the two girls and they both end up becoming friends.

What I was worried about with creating an anti-bullying story, was being stereotypical and following a victims story.

With this new idea I have focused the story on the bully and her story.

I have contacted the parents of the PQA students that I will be re-using to film this short-film and also have found a location to film it in.

I also have a couple of dates of when I will be filming.

Hopefully this new idea will be a lot smoother than my last shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment