Tuesday 21 April 2015

Professional Practice: Music

I wanted there to be music over the top of the video, due to there being a lot of parts in a scene without any dialogue, I also thought that it would help create an atmosphere on what was happening in the film, such as how you feel when you are being bullied or watching it happen.

I tried to find royalty free music on youtube and also on a website that I had used before called,
However there was not a piece of music that I felt would work with my film.

I spoke to fellow student Illy, to see if she knew of other royalty free music sites. Even though she didn't know any music sites, she did send me a link to a person's music she listens to on sound cloud.

Here is his page: https://soundcloud.com/frazer_m

I listened to a couple of his songs and they were ok, until I came across Rising Sea. I immediately knew that I wanted to use this piece for my film. The piece only lasts for 1:11 and my film is over 3 minutes long, I will need to cut the track up and match it together.

Overall I feel this piece of music enhances the atmosphere I wanted to create through this film. Such as sadness, and tension when watching the victim being bullied.

No comments:

Post a Comment