Saturday 18 April 2015

Professional Practice Shoot: Day 1

I decided to film this short film over the weekend, as all kids will more likely be available due to attending school from Mon-Fri.

I contacted all parents to see who would be available.
Luckily 4 out of the 5 kids were available however, I still needed to find someone else to be a bully.

I sent Verity an email to see if she could ask around on who would be available, particularly looking for a girl who is between the age of 10-12 from the PQA academy in rochester, from the morning group. Luckily someone replied within 24 hours before the shoot, now I had the 5 people needed for the film.

As on Saturday the PQA students have their lesson in the morning I started the shoot from 2-4 pm.



Surprisingly this shoot went really well, I was able to film half of my script. The only problem was the sun was constantly in and out between the clouds, so I have to make sure my shots aren't too bright, especially if tomorrow is not going to be sunny.
I'm glad that I was able to film most of my script as I would then be able to check through footage to see if there were any extra shots I needed in these scenes or whether I needed to do pick-ups.
After looking at the footage there were a couple shots I wanted to re-shoot and get more of, mainly close ups of faces.

Hopefully tomorrows shoot will go as well as this shoot did.

No comments:

Post a Comment