Thursday 7 January 2016

Pre-Production: Dementor Research

Devourer is a type of supernatural creature that I adapted. My inspiration came from the Harry Potter films. I took the Dementor character and put my own spin on the creepy creatures.

What is a Dementor?

A dementor is a non-being and dark creature. They feed on human happiness; causing depression and despair to anyone near them. They can also consume a persons soul, leaving a person as an ‘empty-shell.’

In my adaptation they are called 'Devourers.' They take the form of a human and feed on people who have sinned, i.e. thief's, criminals, etc. They consume the victims soul in one attack, leaving a lifeless body behind.

Here is a rough example of what the characters will look like. This image was taken from the new and upcoming American TV series 'Shadow Hunters.'

I imagine the brother and sister to look innocent,  contrasting who they really are.


When they feed off they victims, their looks will slightly change, they will still look relatively human, however they will have white eyes, black socket and lips and also a grey tint to their skin to represent how lifeless they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment