Wednesday 14 January 2015

Studio Live Production - My Ideas

For the live studio project I came up with three ideas.

Idea 1 - 

A sitcom about a girl who moves in with other university students. The people she moves in with are outcasts.

The first episode will be of the students having a house party and the outcasts trying to make new friends.

Sydney White (2007) - Directed by Joe Nussbaum
The seven guy characters in this film are the type of characters I would be looking for in this sitcom.





Characters for my sitcom

-       Goth guy
-       Kid like guy
-       Butch woman – Always doing sit ups, loud, etc.
-       New girl - Had nowhere else to stay and found a house that had a free room. Relatively normal and has quirks.

Set

- Main living area of the house for the pilot.

Channel

- 8:00pm or 9:00pm
- E4

Target audience

- 16 - 30 year olds

Idea 2 -

Fear show, where the public can face their fears.
Not sure whether I would focus on obvious fears such as snakes and spiders, or to have different types of fears such as being afraid of chalk or flutes, etc.

For VT's I could have each person introducing themselves and what their fear is as well as when it started.

Channel

- Channel 4
- 7:00pm

Target audience

- Family
- 14 - 50 year olds

Idea 3 - 

"Guess what’s in the box"

Where the public have to stick their hand in a box and guess whats inside. It could be anything from an object, food or insects.

Set

- One room with covered boxes on top of stands

Channel

- Channel 4
- 7:00pm

Target Audience

- Family
- 14 - 50 year olds

Idea 4 - 

Chat show
For this particular chat show I wanted youtubers on there, i.e. someone who has just released an EP, someone who makes short films/documentaries and someone who is into beauty.

I have a couple of people in mind who could be on the show, however it depends on if I can actually get them on the show.

Set

- One room
- Sofa for guests

Channel

- Channel 4
- 7:00pm

Target audience

- 14 - 30 year olds

Overall I have come up with different ideas, however I will have to speak to Helen to see which one would more likely work. Once I have a chosen an idea I will then research more into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment