Friday 18 October 2013

Storytelling Unit - Idea Development

Before writing my script I wanted to make sure that I was happy with my story.

I made a timeline on what was going to happen throughout my story.
Here is my first timeline



After looking through this timeline it made me think whether this was going to be long enough for a 10 page script. I decided to go through my idea again and see if there were ways I could make it a bit more interesting as well as make it more believable on how the events happened.

Here is my second timeline


I'm so glad that I looked through my idea again. I  decided to add the mum to the story, as before you could just hear her at the beginning and I also changed the way on how the boy meets his dad, which I think makes the story a bit more dramatic. I originally was going to have the boy and the dad meet in a coffee waiting room area on the train platform. I decided not to do this idea as it would be a bit strange if a random man started talking to a younger boy, so I decided to look into the background of the dad and was able to incorporate his job into how the boy and him would meet. By doing this helped develop a good part of the story and made it less coincidental on how they met.

I feel a lot more confident with this story and I also think the second timeline makes better sense then the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment