Sunday 20 October 2013

Storytelling Unit - Research 2

While working on my story idea, I went to the library on campus and got some books that might help me with my work.



My favourite book out of the four was 'The Art and Science of Screenwriting,' by Philip Parker.
This book was really helpful for making my idea come together but also on what type of research to do, i.e. background information on characters, etc. Also if you were interested in making scripts it then gives you a guide on ways you can come up with ideas. It included different points oh what type of script you wanted to create, i.e. TV series, feature films and even short films. Overall it is an easy to understand book and the best part was there are no scientific words.
I loved this book so much, that i've even considered buying it!


Another book I liked was 'On Screenwriting' by Freddie Gaffney. This book is very to the point so it makes it easy to know what you need to do to get a successful script. This book explains about plot, theme, 3 Act structure and character building, in a specific way.

After reading these books I was able to come up with some information on my characters. Here are my mind maps i created for my characters.





Mind mapping your characters is an easy and effective way of building your character profile. I was able to look back onto my mind map and incorporate the dads job so that dad would be a type of hero by helping the young boy get his iPad back.

No comments:

Post a Comment