Saturday 18 January 2014

Directions Unit - Overview On Auditions


I'm glad that I was organised for my auditions, especially with the paperwork side of things, i.e. forms for them to fill out, etc. I asked Helen and Ren if they would be able to help out for my auditions. They both agreed to help me, which was great as it's good to get more than one opinion, especially with an audition. I got Helen to film the auditions with my iPad, I was originally going to have it stand up on some books, but the iPad kept falling. Ren was the one who greeted the people and brought them up to the boardroom, where I had my auditions and she would take them back down to reception when the audition was over.

A day before I scheduled to have my auditions one of my actresses turned up. Luckily I was at the studios having a workshop, but unfortunately I had to leave earlier due to her turning up. The audition with her went ok; overall I felt that she was telling me how to run the shoot. I decided after auditioning the others over the days due to her turning up without confirming it with me, I also felt that she might just turn up to shoot dates when she would want to.

The auditions on the Thursday went great! Most of the people turned up, except three people.

On Friday the auditions didn’t go as well as the Thursday as only one person turned up. Three of the people told me in the morning that they wouldn’t be able to make it and one other person didn’t turn up let alone let me know she wasn’t coming to the audition, which I felt was rude as I could have been waiting around for ages.

Having auditions for this short film was definitely a learning curve for me, and I really enjoyed the process with it all. I found that it wasn't as stressful than I thought it would be and I was able to meet great people!


No comments:

Post a Comment