Monday 20 January 2014

Directions Unit - Ophelia Process

I decided to spread out my story to help me with what sounds effects I wanted to add.

Here's the story outline.

'Woman is running a bath and lets it over run, she comes downstairs, takes some pills and lies down in the water.'

Here are the close ups I wanted to include in the story.

- One of the windows
- The clock
- Photos on the wall
- Photo on the bookcase
- Telephone
- Lampshade
- Vinyl Record
- Table
- The woman on the floor at the end

I used most of the images in my story, except for the photo on the bookcase and the lampshade. I didn't end up putting in the image of the photo because when I zoomed into the image, it became very pixelated and was too blurry to make out what the images were. I tried zooming out a bit but it didn't make much of a difference. I wanted to include the lampshade so that I could add a buzzing sound effect to represent the light buzzing. I thought this would be quite an interesting part to include, but when I added this into the story, it didn't make sense, so I ended up taking it out.

Here is the sound effects I used in my sound story.

- A woman sobbing
- Birds singing
- Water dripping
- Water running in the bath
- Squeaky tap turning
- Walking down the stairs
- Pill lid opening
- Shaking pills
- Gulping a drink
- Walking in the water
- Children playing outside
- A sigh

Even though it doesn't seem like I added a lot of sounds, most of them from this list go on throughout the story, which made it hard to add other sounds on top. I feel that I picked out the appropriate sounds needed to help tell my story. There may have been a couple I could have added, but I decided not to otherwise there would have been too many sound layers.



No comments:

Post a Comment