Saturday 18 January 2014

Directors Unit - Ophelia Sound Ideas

When I fully decided to use this image to tell a sound story, I looked through different ways in how I could tell a story. The image I chose has so much potential, that there are so many ways of telling a story. The two main ideas I had are:

1) Someone breaks in and the woman comes downstairs and gets attacked by and ends up getting knocked out/killed

2) She has schizophrenia and lies in the water that has over flowed from the bath

I'm not 100% happy with either idea, even though both are easy enough to create a sound story from. I thought about it for a while and decided that i'm not going to go with either of the ideas. I'm still having the part in the second idea where the woman lies down in the over flowed water at the end, but not including the mental illness part.

I looked into the image at specific objects that caught my eye (research of it coming later) and decided to tell a story about a woman who lost her fiancé in the forces and has a mental break down. She runs herself a bath and leaves it to over run causing it to flood her front room and then lies in the water.

I feel that this idea will be a bit harder to do, but if I research into my idea and choose the sounds carefully I think that I will be able to create a good sound story. Even thought this is going to be a challenge I want to create something different to the other people in my class, as most of the people in my class who are doing this image are killing this woman character off.

No comments:

Post a Comment