Friday 7 February 2014

Canon 7D - Workshop

Our class was able to have a workshop on the Canon 7D cameras with Fergus. Originally when I think of Canon cameras, I always thought that they were used only for photography. However now I know that you can film short clips using these cameras.

We was shown a short film that was filmed on a Canon 7D.
Here is the film 'Goodbye' by Anthony Apel



After watching this film, everyone was amazed with how good the quality was with this camera. I really like the film, especially the shots with the sun setting in the background. The music used in the film, definitely helped create an atmosphere for the story. I also liked that there was no dialogue in the film and that the story was told through action.

During our workshop we was given a task to get into small groups and film something with the cameras. I teamed up with Colleen, Aaron and Vic.
We chose a song called, Shoulda by Jamie Woon, to film some footage to.

Here is our attempt.


The lighting is really bright in some of the scenes, so I definitely think that is one part I need to focus on. Also there is one part near the beginning where there is some black frames, this was because there was a gap between the shots. Other than that I think we did an alright job, for testing out the cameras.

After using this camera, I definitely want to get one, I feel that it will great to use for filming as well as photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment