Friday 14 February 2014

Directions Unit - Cast Wardrobe

Lizzie Pierce

For Lizzie's wardrobe I wanted to have a lot of dark colours. This was because depression is connected to lots of dark colours, i.e. in paintings, in colour charts, etc.

I was able to speak to Fiona via email, to discuss what her character would be wearing. We was able to agree on some pieces of clothing from Fiona's wardrobe for Lizzie's character to wear. The only item I wasn't sure on was the blue jacket, as I feel this will bring too much attention to her character. We then spoke again and decided that we would go with a much darker coat and Fiona will now wear a black leather jacket instead of the blue coat.  Here are some images on what Lizzie's character will be wearing.



Rachel Parker

For Rachel's character I wanted her clothing to be completely opposite to what Lizzie is wearing. Her clothes have to be neutral as well as brightly coloured. I want Rachel's character to contrast Lizzie's, by showing that Rachel has money and Lizzie doesn't as well as how happy Rachel is compared to Lizzie.

I was able to speak to Rebecca, who is playing Rachel's character and we was able to speak via emails on clothes for Rachel's character. Luckily all the types of clothes I was describing, Rebecca already had, such as a long neutral coat and heeled shoes. Here are some images of the pieces of clothing Rachel's character will be wearing.


Female and Male Extra

For this extra role I wanted a couple who are middle class and are quite well dressed. This is because I want to reflect how poor Lizzie is, as well as what it would have been like if she stayed with her bf. I wanted this couple to be newly engaged and there was one item that I wanted the female extra to wear and that was an engagement ring.

I spoke to Krystina, who is playing the role of the female extra about the pieces of clothing she would need to wear as well as the importance of an engagement ring. Luckily she had a ring she could use as well as some fancy clothes that she could borrow off a family member.
Here are some items of what Krystina will be wearing as the female extra.


I spoke to Julian to discuss what he should wear as the male extra and we was able to make a decision on what he had in his wardrobe. I definitely wanted him to wear a dark coat, with some jeans and smart shoes, so that he looked smart/casual. Here is an image on what the male extra will be wearing.


Old Lady

I discussed wardrobe with Mary when she auditioned and when I was explaining about the old lady and her part in the script, she instantly had an idea on what type of clothes this character should wear.
Here is the outfit Mary will be wearing for her character as the old lady.


Mary was able to send me an image and I was happy with the outcome, as it was very similar to what I imagined this old lady to wear. This outfit is definitely more casual and slouchy compared to the other characters.

Overall i'm quite glad that I was able to use pieces of clothing everyone already had. I was also happy that all the pieces of clothing we all decided on fits each character really well. It definitely makes it a lot easier when your filming on a budget, that your actors are able to wear their own clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment