Friday 14 February 2014

Directions Unit - Filming

Roxanne, Sophie and Sinead (a friend out of uni), was able to help me with my first shoot over the weekend. I was able to get quite a lot of scenes done, especially the outdoor scenes with Lizzie. The only scenes I wasn't able to film was the meeting between the two main characters and the indoor shots.

Directing people felt intimidating to me at first, as it felt I was being bossy, but after a while I learned that if I wasn't telling my actors and crew what to do then I was never going to get the shots I want.


Here is an image of me directing Fiona, in one of the walking scenes.

After the first day of filming I looked at the footage and was really disappointed. The shots were great and the actors were fine, but all over the footage was marks where there was dust on the camera lens. I wasn't able to see the dotted marks until I started editing. I tried to see if there was any way of editing it out but there wasn't really anything I could do.

Unfortunately I will have to go out and re-film my scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment