Monday 24 February 2014

Directions Unit - Location Scouting

When location scouting I came across an estate. I went out and started looking around to see if there any roads and paths that I could use for the outside locations in the script.

Here are some images on where I am hoping to film my short film.

Bedroom

I looked around my room and thought that this may be a good space for filming as it is medium sized and has basic furniture, which was what I was looking for. I haven't fully decided whether to use my room yet as I will have to take a lot of items out to achieve the plain look i'm going for.


Street image

I was looking for different streets within an estate so that the walking scenes I had were different each time/met the description of the script. I was able to find some streets on the outskirts of an estate that weren't near a noisy main road.

Alleyway image

While walking around one of the estates, I came across this woody alleyway. It was similar to what I had in mind, and had one side fenced and the other part woody and overgrown. I felt that this would be good to use as it seems quite trapped and creepy and would be a great unknown place for the character to walk down.


Open space/field

When driving home one day I past this open space. When I went to look around outside, I found out that is was a place where people walking their dogs. It had a lot of space, which is perfect as it would be less likely to bump into people when filming and as its a place where people walk their dogs, not many people would hang around. Further down into the field I found a picnic area surrounded by trees and benches, which seemed perfect for the meeting scene in the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment