Sunday 23 February 2014

Directions Unit - Filming 3

After editing through all my clips, there were a couple of shots that really bothered me. They were the beginning indoor scenes, where the main character wakes up in her bedroom.
The lighting was yellow, due to me using my bedroom lighting and I didn't feel that the actress portrayed enough depression in these shots either.

I was able to take the camera out again for a day to re-do these shots.
Luckily the actress understood and didn't mind coming back to re-shoot them.

This time I decided to try and use the natural lighting from the window, as well as brighten up the footage by using the settings within the camera. The shots definitely looked much better with the natural lighting and this time round I gave my actress more direction so that I wouldn't need to re-shoot again.

I also went through the footage bit by bit with the actress to make sure that she was as happy with the shots as I was. I felt this helped a lot as the actress was then able to see how her performances turned out and if she wanted to re-do them again, then she would know what she had to do different.

I'm so happy that I was able to get all the shots I wanted that day. I definitely feel a lot happier with my footage. I am now going to start editing my whole film.

No comments:

Post a Comment