Monday 24 February 2014

Directions Unit - Editing

When I started editing my film I came across a couple of problems that I thought I wouldn't be able to fix.

Problem 1 - The lighting

As I filmed different scenes on different days, the shots had differently lighting. It wasn't a major issue as all I had to do was darken some of the footage as well as go on colour correction and fiddle about with the exposure and saturation. By changing the exposure and saturation on the colour correction in the inspector pannel  helped so much with the lighting in my film as I was able to change it different parts without darkening the whole shot.

Before





After


Problem 2 - Major crossing the line

When I filmed the meeting scene between the two main characters I totally forgot about using the 180° barrier. There were two over the shoulder shots that I really wanted to use, as it made this part more interesting, but what I didn't realise is that I filmed over the wrong shoulder, which meant that the characters face we could see didn't look like she was speaking to the other character we was on the shoulder of. I was able to speak to Fergus and he said that there was a way on FCP where you could flip the image, so that it would look like that I filmed over the right shoulder. I was able to go onto the distort button underneath the window where you play the footage and flip the image over. It made such a difference to my film and it looks like I actually filmed over the right shoulder.

Before





After

No comments:

Post a Comment