Wednesday 10 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Beginning

I went through my first draft of my fiction adaptation script with Helen, one thing she was confused about was how the main guy got bit in the first place, and maybe to show how this happened.

I decided to look at different films, where they get 'bitten' and turn into a vampire.

Interview with the Vampire

Here is a transformation scene where the main guy gets turned into a vampire:


In this clip, Brad Pitt's character Louis, has a choice whether to be turned or not, however the biting scene, is still quick and realistic. In my film however, I want to make it look like the main character doesn't get bit, so this video didn't help much with ideas.

Twilight: Eclipse

At the beginning of the film, there is a scene where a guy is coming out of the bar and getting attacked. Even though he isn't the main character in this film, he is a supporting character.

Here is a a clip form the film:


This video was a much better example of how I want to create my bite scene at the beginning of my film. The main guy gets attacked from all directions, but you don't see the vampire who is attacking him as the person is blurred/sped up. When the guy does get bitten, he is in agonising pain, this is also how I would like my main character to act, however not so dramatic.

Overall by looking at these videos, I have a much better idea on how I want to create my bite scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment