Wednesday 3 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Voice Over

As we have to have the poem within our video, either spoken or shown, I decided that I wanted to have it spoken over the top. I felt that if I had the poem written on top of the footage, that it would be confusing, and too distracting from the footage that I have filmed.

I originally wanted the poem to be sung over, however after researching more into my short film, it came across too musical and because I want to have a creepiness to it, I decided that it would be better to have it spoken over.

I saw an advert on TV advertising 'American Horror Story: Freakshow'.

Here is the advert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbKL80bVZdU

At the end of the video, a young girl speaks to say the date when the program is on TV.

I really liked how the words were echoed after she spoke each word.

I really liked this effect over the speaking, however for my film I will have either a man or woman speaking the poem. I decided to do a sound test and got my mum to speak a couple of lines from the poem. I then went onto 'Final Cut Pro' and went through all the different audio effects you can put on top, to see which one would work best for my film.

I was able to find an audio effect called 'Spaceship', that fits what I want for my film.


Now I am going to go through the settings of this audio effect, so see whether I would need to change i.e. the tone, echo, etc. to see what will fit my film best.

No comments:

Post a Comment