Wednesday 10 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Vampire and Bite Research

I wanted to research some more on what type of vampire look I would want for my fiction adaptation.

I found a bite mark online, here is the image:


I like how it looks, however the marks seems too rounded, like this person has been stabbed with nails.

I found a video on youtube on how to create a vampire bite using FX makeup.



I liked this video, as it the bite seemed easy to do and also looked a bit more realistic, than the image above.


I wanted to look at a couple of other vampire films for inspiration, as I am still unsure on how my character will look as a vampire.

The Lost Boys (1987)


This film, is more of a modernised version of vampires, with costume and how the vampires actually looked. I liked how the eyes are yellow, instead of red or black like most vampire movies and how his forehead was enhanced to make his eye area look more like a creature than a person.

Interview with the Vampire (1994)


In this film, the vampires eyes are the same colour from when they were humans. I did notice that the nails are longer and that they are paler; also that this film is based in the late 1700's. My character will definitely not have long nails and as i'm basing my film in the modern world, no costume will be needed.

I really like both of these films and I was able to get some inspiration on some of the looks used in each film. I particularly liked how 'The Lost Boys' vampires had yellow eyes, and may have yellow eyes for when my main character transforms into a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment