Thursday 11 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Shoot Day 1

The first shoot didn't start off that well.

Me and Charlie arrived 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled time, which was at 4:00pm. I got a phone call from a tutor saying that Max had arrived at the studios. I was passed onto him and said tat the location was in a different area.

I thought I had given him a piece of paper with the address when I had the test shoot with him. However it maybe it got lost, at least in the future I know to send out either an email or text to confirm location and never to give location information out on paper, as paper can easily get lost.

Helen contacted me, and confirmed that I had the risk assessment for my actor to sign, but also if I wanted Max to bring over a PAG light, so that I had some extra lighting.

Except for having a little bit of miscommunication with Max.
He and Illy arrived half an hour later.

Even though we started filming a little bit later than expected, I was still able to get quite a few good shots, however I felt that I spent too much time on each scene, so I did't get as much filmed as I wanted to.

I was a bit worried about the car park lights, because when I spoke to a bar lady who works at the community centre, she said that the lights can be temperamental and sometimes not switch on. Luckily the lights turned on at 4:15.

Equipment didn't take too long to sort out as I only had a tripod, camera (that had the correct settings, that I set up earlier that day) and the sound.

Looking back me and Charlie could have set up the equipment while waiting for the others to arrive.
I'm disappointed that I didn't film much that day, it may have been because I hadn't filmed for a long time and just needed to get back into that mode.

I forgot how stressful it can be on a shoot, and how organisation of shots is key when you have so many shots to do, luckily I had created a shot list earlier that day for what I wanted.

We finished on time, however if I had informed Max with the location by email, it may have saved time, as he would have arrived at the right location on time.

Here is my shot list for Shoot Day 1:

No comments:

Post a Comment