Thursday 11 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Editing

I started to do a rough cut of my shots, to see if there was any I had to re-do/add in, after each day of shooting. I started to get a bit worried as I only had 1:30 of clips after filming on day 2. I decided to think if there were any shots, that I needed to re-do/final shots I needed.

As most of my shots were done hand held at the last minute, most of them were a bit shaky. I was able to stabilise most of these shots on FCP, by going onto the video settings and clicking on stabilisation.

There's a scene where the poem mentions different colours, for this particular part I wanted to make it look like you could see the colours yourself from the character perspective. I was able to change the POV shots to the colours I wanted, however the colours had made the footage look grainy. 
I looked on the effects to see if there was one that could help with the graininess of the footage and I cam across 'Gaussian' which is one of the blur effects that are on FCP. After adding this effect, the footage didn't have the grain anymore.
Before


After

 
For most of my shots I cropped them, as they weren't framed that well. Sometimes when cropping footage, it goes grainy, because it has had to zoom in to crop. Luckily with most of my clips, I only cropped a little bit off, so my footage wasn't effected from grain.

There's a clip where my main character is falling and hits the floor. I noticed that because the clip was short, it went too quickly to see that the main character had actually fallen. I decided to slow the clip down to see if it made a difference. By slowing the clip down made a huge difference, it also makes this scene look more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment