Thursday 11 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Editing 2

Colour correction

On shoot 1 and 2 the lighting was very similar as the same area on location was used, however when it came to filming on shoot 3, the lamp in the area we originally filmed in didn't come on, so we had to move to another corner where a lamp was. As we could't remember the distance of how far the actor was to the lamppost, we had to guess.

The lighting turned out a lot more brighter than I expected and doesn't match the other shots I got from the other days.

Some shots I was able to colour match, on others I had to manually change the saturation and exposure to get the lighting I wanted.

Veins

For the veins, I used After Effects and plug in Mocha AE to create the effect of the venom travelling through the veins.
Before


After


After looking through my footage of the bite mark, it didn't look as bloody as I wanted. I was able to create an outline in photoshop where it made the bite look more bloody. After creating the template, I tried editing it onto the footage, the same way I created the vein effect, however the template wouldn't stick in place with the footage, and after a couple of attempts I decided not to include it.

Sound Effects

I added a variety of sound effects to my film to enhance some particular shots. For example when the main character falls and hits the floor, I added a bang, to exaggerate the guy hitting his head. I got most of my sound effects from, soundbible.com and freeSFX.co.uk.

By tweaking some parts of my footage I feel that my film is more complete. Adding little things like sound effects and changing the correcting the colour can make a big difference on the finished film.
Now that I have finished editing my short film, I can now export it for my project deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment