Thursday 11 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Tutorial with Simon

As it was coming closer to the deadline for this project, I started to freak out as I had so many projects to do within a short amount of time.

I decided to have a tutorial with Simon to see if I could have some advice on how to cope with all my projects.

Location

After finding out that I wasn't able to film at The Maidstone Studios, I was gutted and was finding it hard to find a location that had a street lamp, and that wasn't near any houses, as I would be filming in the evening and also my character would be screaming.

Simon mentioned about one of my other projects I did and a particular location in one of them. I took a trip to look around the area which I had filmed a previous project and came across a community centre, that has a car park with a couple of street lamps.

I went inside and asked for permission and the secretary of the chairman gave me permission to film in their car park. I was so glad when they said I could film there, as there was space, the lights I wanted, it wasn't near any houses, but mainly I didn't have to worry anymore about where I was going to film.

Schedule

One thing I was struggling with was what to do and when, Simon suggested that I made a schedule for myself, so that I had specific days where I focused on one project and then other days where I focused on another. This advice did help and I couldn't believe I didn't think of this myself.

Here is my schedule, up until the end of term:


Camera

After speaking to Simon, I knew that I wanted to use my camera for my actual shoot, however the lens that came with the camera, wouldn't work for what I wanted to film. I decided that I would speak to Andre, as he knows a lot of cameras, especially DSLR's. I spoke to him about what shots I wanted and the camera that I would be using and within seconds he recommended me the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. I already had plans to hire a lens as I could'f afford to go out and buy one. Andre also recommended a site where to hire the lens from.

Here is the website I used to hire my lens from:

http://www.lensesforhire.co.uk

It was a great website, you didn't need to pay a deposit when hiring a lens, they also delivered it to your home and would pick it up when your hire had finished. Also the price for hiring wasn't that bad either. I would definitely recommend this site, if you are wanting to hire a lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment