Monday 24 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Graphics 2

I got a reply from one of the guys I contacted on 'Casting Call Pro' to do the special effects animation for my fiction adaptation. Unfortunately due to time, he won't be able to do the animation for me, as he has other jobs, however he did give me a website of where I could find someone to do my effect within the timescale I need it for (about 2 weeks).

The website the guy gave me was 'peopleperhour', I posted up a casting on there and within 30 minutes I had a bunch of replies. The only problem was that people were asking for a lot of money to do the animation.

It didn't help that I didn't know how much the industry normally charge for animations, because if I would have known before I probably would have just found other ways to do the 'venom effect.

I started to think of other ways I could still show the 'venom' travelling through the arm, without getting someone professional to do the graphics.

I could either use makeup or find a way that I could digitally do this on an editing program.

Digital Version


I was able to find a video on youtube on a tutorial where I could show the 'venom traveling' up the arm using After Effects. As I have After Effects I want to try this out, especially when I have a test shoot with my actor and makeup artist.

Here's the guys channel, where I found the video from:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkuR3kvUL-FuaJ7pyocXUTQ

Here is the video on how to create a popping vein look using After Effects:



Makeup Version

For the makeup I thought that maybe I could have the 'venom' pumping up through the tube. To do this I could get a type, connect a pump to the bottom end (so that the actor could manually pump the 'venom' himself) and then use prosthetics to blend the tube into the skin, so that it looks like it is part of his arm.

I'm first going to try the After Effects method and then I will do the makeup on the test shoot I have with the actor and makeup artist. Hopefully by testing both out I can then decide which one will be better and more effective to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment