Thursday 14 November 2013

Storytelling Unit - Editing notes

I've started editing my short film on Final Cut Pro. As a class we were given the opportunity of having Final Cut Pro workshops, there are about 5 lessons. So far were on week four and I'm really enjoying them.

Even though I've had previous experience using mac computers and software like FCP, adobe after effects, photoshop, etc. I have learnt a lot with these workshops and finding them very useful.
Mark Beer who teaches us is very helpful and explains everything thorough without going on too long about the same subject.

These lessons have actually helped me when I started using FCP. I.e. I've learnt that you don't have to trim every section you go through to get rid of a specific part of a clip, that you can just drag in the part, which makes it a lot more easier to edit and wastes less time. I was also unsure with how to change the colour of the film and in one of the lessons, he was able to cover this.

I'm hoping to get the rest of my clips filmed soon so that I can edit my short film properly, but at the moment I've got quite a few clips to work with until I can get the last shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment