Monday 25 November 2013

Storytelling Unit - Reflection

I was able to finish editing my video and I'm quite happy with it. I can't believe on how long 2 minutes of filming footage and editing could take. By doing this project it has given me an idea on how long it takes to get a film or tv episode ready. I changed a couple of parts to my video which I thought would make the story better, but for some reason to me I preferred my video before I made these small changes. I felt that my original piece came across more strong in shots and dramatic. Hopefully when our videos are screened tomorrow I won't think the same.

Helen was able to help with my first shoot. We worked together quite well and I wouldn't mind working with her on future projects. Next time I hope to work with more people in the class.

Even though i've had to do a lot for this project, i'm quite happy with the end result. I was able to get the shots I wanted as well as sort out the production title at the beginning (which I did at the last minute). I felt that I was quite professional with the process and didn't rush shoots.

The part I enjoyed doing in this project was writing the story, this is definitely something that interests me and is something that I hope to do as a career. I felt that this was the part I was more focused on and didn't mind re-writing.

Overall this is just our first filming project and the first time I have filmed using a Sony XDCAM and writing a proper script. I think I have done very well on this project and i'm quite proud that I was able to complete this by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment