Wednesday 27 November 2013

Storytelling Unit - Video Feedback

Yesterday we watched everyone's completed videos, they were either the first two minutes of their script or a trailer. All the videos were great!! You could see everyone put a lot of work towards their videos and they should all be proud!

When it came to showing my video I made sure that I had my notebook with me so I could take down my feedback to help me with future projects.

After watching my video Simon asked me what I thought about it, there were a couple of things that I noticed.

1. There were a couple of shots that could have had a couple of frames taken away from them.

2. I have a bit of music when my 'production company name' comes up at the beginning. I felt that it wasn't really needed as its only there for a couple of seconds and then goes into nothing as the rest of my video has no music.

Other than that the rest of the feedback I got from people was really positive.

Simon said that my video had a great tone, you get a sense of the story, it was very tightly edited and that when it came to the end it made him want to keep watching more to see what the boy does next. He also mentioned that this video showed that I put a lot of time and effort into it.

Chris said that filming in one location for quite some time can be quite boring but because I had different shots it made that 2 minutes quite interesting.

Ren said that she loved the editing and shots, but there was one little critique where some of the shots could have been darkened more, which I knew as some of the shots were overexposed.

Aimee added that my video worked with having no music and that it was nice to have certain sounds pop up like the ripping of the paper, etc.

I am so happy with my feedback and actually feel pretty happy with my video that I have done. I have made some tweaks on it and have taken the music at the beginning off, shortened some of the shots and darkened the shots I thought were brighter than the others.

Here is my improved video.




No comments:

Post a Comment