Monday 18 November 2013

Storytelling Unit - Research 3

There were a couple of things I wanted to look into when I wrote my first draft of my script. They were just little bits of detail that I wanted to be correct so that I was sure it was as realistic as possible.


1) Rail way officer
In my story there is a part where the thief gets stopped by the stranger and is then held by the rail inform cement officers until further police come. I didn't know if rail officers could control the situation until the police arrived.

I was able to find a piece of information on Wikipedia and it explained the powers that rail people have.



2) Policeman
There's a part where the stranger (who happens to be a policeman) hears a boy saying a thief stole his iPad, so he chases after him. He is able to catch the thief and hand him over to the rail officers. I wanted to look up to make sure policeman off duty could still cease a person.

Wikipedia again was able to explain how police officers can cease someone when off duty, as long as they show their warrant car to prove who they are. I did find another article online explaining about this, but because it was made commented by someone in the Law enforcement in the US, I didn't really trust the information.


3) Father and son legal rights
As my story is about a son finding his dad and vice versa, I wanted to make sure that it was legal that a dad could meet his son without permission/ court hearings.

I was able to go onto - http://www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/fathers-rights-and-law/the-family-courts-residence-and-contact-orders. This website had information on how to contact each other via court, within this information there was a little part that mentioned that if you can independently sort something out you can go through with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment