Friday 8 November 2013

Storytelling Unit - Filming 'The Meeting'


I was able to film my first two minutes of my script 'The Meeting' on Saturday.
I'm so happy that I had Helens help on the project, I don't think I would have been able to complete filming it in a day if she wasn't there. Not only was she there to help with sound, she also gave me many ideas on different shots that I could use that I didn't even think about.

My brother, who played the young boy in this story, was very cooperative during filming. Even though he had moments where he was fed up with doing one clip over and over again, Helen and I was able to keep him going. My mum who played the extra/Lorraine in the Story played her part well, we was able to get her parts right in a couple of shots.

 Here's a picture of me filming a shot from the story.

The only problem I had was that my cousins who play, Player 1 and Player 2 in the script weren't able to come over. Helen had the idea that we could record their voices over the phone as it will give more of an effect on hearing them through the headphones in the scene their in.

Aquila was going to help as part of crew, but mentioned nearer the time of filming that she wouldn't be able to come. In a way it would have been better if I had two people to help me with filming, but i'm happy with what me and Helen have recorded so far.

Th only thing i'm worried about, is that my clips have different lighting. I'm hoping that i'm able to control this when editing them on Final Cut Pro. I'm glad that my filming is over with for the minute, I just have to look through my clips and see if there are any parts that I need to re-record.

No comments:

Post a Comment