Sunday 23 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Research 5

In my fiction adaptation right at the end of the film, the guy is fully transformed as a vampire and goes right up to the camera lens. As part of the makeup look I wanted to look into what contact lenses I should use for this scene, as I feel the eyes can be quite important on identifying a paranormal creature.

Here are some different contact lenses that I have found:

'Full eye red sclera'

This full red contact lens reminds me of the contact lenses used in the TV show, 'The Vampire Diaries.' I really like these lenses however, sclera contact lenses in general are quite expensive and I don't know whether I would be able to afford them. I also don't want to end up copying the shows look as I want to create my own vampire look for my short film.


'Full eye black sclera'

These lenses are very similar to the ones used on the TV show, 'Being Human.'  I also like these very much however, full eye contact lenses are quite expensive.  Like the other image I don't want to end up copying the shows vampire eye look, as I want to create a look of my own for my character.

'Itachi Mangekyu'

These contact lenses are different to what I have seen used in films and TV shows. Even though I like these, I'm a bit worried they won't look as realistic if I used them in my short film.

'Thunderbolt'

I like how realistic these contact lenses look,  they also look similar to the contact lenses used in the 'Twilight' movies. I'm a bit unsure whether to use these contact lenses, as I'm not sure if I want to follow the stereotypical vampire red eye look or do something completely different. 

'Black'

I noticed that you could get smaller contact lenses that are black, however as my actor has brown/hazel eyes, I don't know whether you would see much difference in the eyes.

Overall by researching into different contact lenses I feel that I have a much better idea on the vampire look, however as I still haven't fully decided, I am going to have a meeting with Helen and see whether the ones I like will be worth using.

No comments:

Post a Comment