Friday 7 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation Workshop: Music Video Mash Up

Yesterday we had a fiction adaptation workshop, where we had to choose a song and create a music video for it by using a selection of film clips, pictures and music videos.

As I was taking so long choosing a song I was able to get help from Illy who gave me some artists to look at. I ended up choosing a song by Lana Del Ray called 'Once Upon a Dream.'

It was much easier to come up with my concept for this song, I decided that my concept would be a girl having a fairytale dream.

I  looked up recent films that had come out that were fairytale like. The ones I found were;

Red Riding Hood (2011)


Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)


Maleficent (2014)


Out of these films I remembered there was a scene in 'Snow White and the Huntsman' where she escapes from the queen and gets lost in the Dark forest. As she gets further into the forest she finds a brighter, much nicer part, known as a sanctuary to other creatures.

I was able to find a clip of this scene on youtube, and while watching it found that I could edit it around to create the perfect dream like video.

After editing the clips, I still didn't feel like the video looked dreamy enough. I decided to look on effects for the video on Final Cut Pro and came across an effect called 'Romantic' where it gave a soft focus look to the footage. I ended up using this effect over my video and felt that it looked much better.

Here is my finished video:


Overall i'm quite happy with how my video came out, however as we only had a short amount of time to complete this, there were a couple of parts that I would have changed. I would have changed the shorter clips for ones that went on a little bit longer and also I would have edited the clips on point whenever the music went higher or lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment