Saturday 15 November 2014

Ideas for Fiction Adaptation

After working on my digital news project for so long, I wanted to make a start on my fiction adaptation film and what idea I was going to choose.

Here are some story ideas that I had:

- Soldier dying (from his point of view)
- Nurse watching soldier die (from her point of view) 

When we first discussed our ideas to the class at the beginning of the term I was really happy about using the poem to tell a story of a soldier dying from a nurse's point of view.

I decided to have a meeting with Simon, to go through my idea I had. While discussing my idea with him, there was one question he asked, that was 'does it have to be about a soldier.' After the meeting I thought about this question and as I wanted to experiment on my fiction adaptation unit, I decided to scrap the soldier idea and try to come up with something that wasn't telling a story literately about war.

I decided to re-read the poem and see if any other ideas came to my head. I remember that when I first read the poem I remember seeing a paranormal side to it, so I decided to see what kind of paranormal story that I could tell alongside the poem.

There were certain words of the poem that stood out to me that described a transformation of a vampire. I decided that I would use this as my concept for my film.

What will happen in my film is that the guy is waking up from being bitten and throughout the poem I will focus on different aspects of the transformation and then towards the end of the poem he will then have turned into a vampire.

The way I envision this film is to have a midnight blue tone to the footage, like this image:


This image is from a TV show called 'The Vampire Diaries' which is based on vampires.

For my original idea I wanted to use stop motion as a filming technique, however after changing my idea, I decided to not use stop motion, and hopefully use it in a future project.

After coming up with this new idea I had a meeting with Helen and she liked the idea, however one tip she gave me was not to make it look panto like or very gory.

She also said that for this film I would need a good actor, to express pain and fear more and also get a makeup artist to do the vampire makeup.

I took Helen's tips and have put up castings for male actors and makeup artists.

I am now waiting for replies and will be having auditions for actors next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment