Friday 21 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: Rose Time Lapse

In my chosen poem there was a part where it says,

'Fragrance and passionless music woven as one; 
Warm rain on drooping roses; pattering shows'. 

For this part I wanted to have a video of a rose dying. The reason I wanted to use a dying rose was because the main character I have is transforming into a vampire and he has to die to be able to become a vampire.

Here are a some clips I found on youtube:

Rose 1:


This was the first video I found on youtube of a rose dying. I liked how the lighting was really bright, and how the rose had dark gothic colours. The only thing that bothers me about this clip is that you can see the silver pin that was used to hold the rose in position whilst this was filmed.

Rose 2:

While looking on google I came across this website where there were a bunch of different rose videos that were either blooming or dying.

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-676900-stock-footage-time-lapse-of-opening-and-dying-jazz-rose-alpha-matte-d.html


Out of all the videos on there I really liked this video as it had two roses that were beside each other, one that was blooming and the other that was dying, which I found was quite controversial. The only problem is, I would have to pay quite a bit of money so that I could use it; so this video isn't my first choice.

Rose 3:


Out of all the videos this is the only rose that is blooming. I came across this video near the end of my search and it really caught my eye. I really like the contrast of the dark background with the bright red rose, it gives an eery and dark feel to it.

Overall I was able to find some great videos on what I was looking for, at this stage i'm still unsure with whether to have a dying rose or a blooming rose. I'm going to have a meeting with Helen to update her on my fiction adaptation and hopefully she will be able to help me decide what rose clip would work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment